COLLEGE WINTER HOCKEY 2023
Hockey Marlborough would like to keep you informed with regards to your hockey playing options for 2023, especially for those who have left the primary school and intermediate playing divisions and move into the College level.
Please see a general breakdown of how HM will support you into the correct team this year.
Team Selection Process
MARLBOROUGH GIRLS Trial - Thursday 30th March @ 5.30pm.
Coaches - Denise Lloyd & Paul Jones. Amber Boyce (Tournament)
Manager - Sandy Large
MARLBOROUGH BOYS Trial - Tuesday 4th April 2023 @ 5.30pm.
Coaches - Malcolm King, Sandy O'Connell
Manager - Hugh Girling
BOYS & GIRLS - TSSS TOURNAMENT - 3 and 4 August 2023, 9am – 4pm
BOYS NATIONAL TOURNMENT - JOHNSONS CUP
28th August - 2nd September 2023, NELSON
GIRLS NATIONAL TOURNAMENT - MARIE FRY TROPHY
28th August - 2nd September 2023, CHRISTCHURCH
- Players must register through the PlayHQ link.
- Final teams will be selected by team coaches.
- All Team Management are appointed by HM Coaching Committee
- All selected teams will play against other College Teams and Marlborough Club teams
- Thursday - Divison 1 - MGC 1st XI,
- Thursday - College Grade, MBC 2nd XI, MGC 2nd XI, and Kaikoura. (Another team will be formed if required)
- Friday - Premier MBC 1st XI
Hockey Marlborough is dedicated in continuing to support our hockey players as they move on to this new phase. Our focus is to try and ensure as much as possible that all players are playing alongside their peers and that they have a pathway to follow.
We are committed to each and every one of you and will do our best to ensure that your hockey competition is well structured, organised and played in a fun environment.
We wish you well for your move into College and please don’t hesitate to contact Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding the next step.